Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that works hand in hand with Selenium to protect our cells from the aging effects of oxygen.
Role In Our Body
- Necessary for overall health of blood.
- Anti-oxidant. Protects body cells and fats from oxygen damage.
- Assists immune system to kill infections and eliminate poisons.
- Weak red blood cells (anaemia). Low energy.
- Low immunity to infection. Bed sores.
- Increased risk of blood clots.
- Prostrate cancer in men.
- PMT in women.
- Leg muscle cramps. Growing pains during adolescence.
- Poor blood circulation, especially to legs.
Too Much (over 100 mg daily)
- Nausea, diarrhoea.
- Can increase existing high blood pressure.
Good Sources Of Vitamin E
- Sunflower Seeds
- Nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts, Peanuts)
- Wheat Germ Oil