Sodium (Common Salt)
Sodium is obtained from common salt (Sodium Chloride) and is essential for our good health.
Role In Our Body
- Assists in the digestion of our food.
- Assists our body to utilise other minerals, especially Potassium.
- Helps regulate the fluid balance in our cells.
- Helps maintain correct acidity of blood.
- Assists in muscle and nerve action.
- Helps maintain health of our lymph system.
- Helps our body to eliminate waste.
- Apathy and low energy.
- Low blood pressure.
- Nerve pains and aching joints and muscles.
- Muscle cramps (especially in our legs).
- Dizziness and vomiting.
- High blood pressure (due to loss of Potassium and Calcium).
- Swelling of tissues (edema).
- Tension. Insomnia.
Good Sources Of Sodium
- Red Meat