Throughout the world, in every community noted for the longevity of it’s people, the intake of Selenium is high.
Role In Our Body
- Anti-oxidant. Assists our immune system to kill cancerous cells, infections and eliminate poisons.
- Helps protect cells and maintain elasticity of tissues and skin.
- Assists in regulating blood pressure.
- Stimulates growth in children.
- Helps maintain health of reproductive system.
- Required for the production of CoQ enzymes.
- Increased risk of birth defects, cot death and stunted growth in children.
- Low fertility (sperm counts) in men.
- Cystic Fibrosis (clogging of lungs with mucus).
- Low immunity to infection, poisons and all cancers.
- Increased risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Increased risk of asthma.
- Premature aging of skin and tissues. Skin cancers.
- Brown old age spots on skin.
- Eye cataracts.
- Lower life expectancy.
- Excessive dandruff.
Too Much (over 1200 mcg daily)
- Numb or tingly hands and feet.
- Reddish pigmentation to skin.
- Bad breath (garlic-like odour). Metallic taste in mouth.
- Brittle nails, especially thumb nails. Hair loss.
Good Sources Of Selenium
- Brazil Nuts
- Turkey & Chicken