Lecithin is a waxy, fatty type substance, usually yellow in colour and commonly found in egg yolk, animal fats and soya bean oil. It is also produced in our body by a healthy liver.
Role In Our Body
- Helps maintain health of our body cells and brain.
- Helps maintain a healthy nervous system.
- Helps maintain levels of useful cholesterol.
- Impaired short-term memory.
- Nervous twitching.
- Manic depressive mental disorders.
- Increased risk of heart attack.
- Increased risk of hepatitis.
- Fishy body odour.
Good Sources Of Lecithin
- Organ Meats
- Red Meat
- Broccoli (cooked)