A tiny but critical amount of Iodine is required by our body. It is absorbed from our blood by the thyroid gland.
Role In Our Body
- Helps regulate our body energy levels.
- Helps control cholesterol levels.
- Protects against radiation.
- Enlarged thyroid gland (goitre).
- Obesity, apathy, thick voice. Severe lack of energy.
- Protruding eyes.
- Malformed and retarded infants if mother is deficient.
- High cholesterol levels, heart attack, stroke.
- Sensitivity to cold.
- Senility-like symptoms.
- Dry Skin.
- Painful breast lumps in women (Fybrocystic breast).
- Macular degeneration of the eyes.
Too Much (over 1000 mcg daily)
- Temporary acne-like skin rash.
- Temporary suppression of thyroid activity.
Good Sources Of Iodine