Lack of this vital bone mineral can have a dramatic effect on our height and posture. It appears that Calcium migrates from bones that are not being stressed or flexed daily.
Role In Our Body
- Forms and maintains health of our bones and teeth.
- Necessary for correct muscle and nerve action and relaxation.
- Helps maintain correct acidity of our blood.
- Helps maintain health of our skin and protection from sunburn.
- Malformed bones in children.
- Shrinkage of skeleton, brittle easily broken bones (osteoporosis).
- Osteoarthritis. Kidney stones.
- Eye cataracts.
- High blood pressure. Irregular heartbeat.
- PMT or PMS in women.
- Irritability, insomnia, nervous twitches, mental disorders.
- Muscle cramps. Numbness. Tingling or trembling (especially legs.)
- Increased risk of sunburn and skin cancer.
- Slow blood clotting.
- No known toxic effects of diet excess.
Good Sources Of Calcium
- Cheese (especially hard cheeses like Parmesan)
- Poppy & Sesame seeds
- Beans & Lentils