Although Aluminium is found in our bodies it is not known at this stage to be a nutrient. It has been included here as it is widely used as a food additive.
Some Of The More Common Uses Of Aluminium Are:
- To soften cheese.
- To promote the free running of salt.
- To increase the whiteness of flour.
- As an ingredient in stomach antacid preparations.
- As an ingredient in under-arm deodorants.
- To clarify cloudy water.
Role In Our Body
- No known natural role.
- Research indicates the less the better.
- Inhibits vitamin and mineral action, especially Calcium.
- Linked with early senility.
- Can cause osteoporosis and painful, weak, numb muscles.
- Hyperactivity and attention disorders in children (ADD).
- Fat build up in kidneys and liver.
Bad Sources Of Aluminium
- Cake Mix
- Food Colouring
- Processed Cheese
- Baking Soda